Thursday, October 31, 2019

HERE & THERE COLUMN

Doing Nothing Is Doing Something

  The wall plaque in our Water's Edge Garden City South Carolina condo reads, "The Beach Where Doing Absolutely Nothing Is Doing Something."
  Now before I start to classify myself as a Beach Bum I have to honestly note that I'm not sure I can fit myself into that category because I don't tan easily I just turn red and then peel and many people believe that talk about beach bums is done in a negative way.
  The Beach Bums I saw had great tans and it was hard to believe the many folks who fish and not with one pole but two and three. They cast from the water's edge into the waves and the undertow takes their bated hook sometimes as far out in the ocean as 100 yards.
  Quite honestly I preferred the Jacuzzi hot tubs located both outdoors and indoors and I prefer the heated indoor pool. The sun does me harm if I stay in it too long.  
   Shirley like many others walk the beach early in the morning while I like sitting on the balcony sipping my morning coffee watching the waves come into the beach. 
  At the Water's Edge all the condo's are privately owned.....met one couple from Monticello who own three condo's and rents two of them out....a nice retired income gig.
  Of course being a beach bum is really just a state of mind because it does really help to have a beach to bum on but don't think we would enjoy doing that year round. I like the idea of doing it a couple months of the year because we love New York and what it offers in the spring, summer and fall. 
  Of course nobody's perfect, even at beach bummin, but we all try....to be a good beach bum you have to relax.
  Life isn't easy, that is why God made the beach. It's his way of giving us an escape.
  So if you want to be a beach bum, just relax and take it easy. 
  We'll give you another chapter on this when we try our first full month there.
                           


The beach view alone is relaxing at the Water's Edge in Garden City, South Carolina.




No comments: