Friday, December 17, 2010

HAMMER STAFFER MCGAINEY
SHOOTS MULTIPLE 800 SERIES
WITH TABOO AND BRAWL

November 20th will be a day Hammer Staff member Pat McGainey will always remember. The lefthander from Baltimore fell into a groove that ended with him recording multiple 300 games and 800 series. Bowling at Brunswick Perry Hall Lanes, McGainey rolled a pair of 800s, an 812 and an 855. The first set had one perfect game, while the second included back-to-back 300s. “I wish I could explain what I was feeling,” said McGainey. “When you string strikes like that, everything is really comfortable. I don’t know how to explain it, but I like when it happens.” McGainey began his day at Brunswick Perry Hall by entering the doubles portion of the Maryland State United States Bowling Congress Association Mixed Championship Tournament. Using a Hardcore Hammer Brawl, he connected for a 300 game and an 812 series “I wanted to throw the new Taboo, but it hooked too much,” said McGainey. “The Brawl gave me the look I needed when they were hooking too much.” Fortunately for McGainey, the lanes were re-oiled before the Saturday Fun Bunch league took to the lanes. It was there McGainey was able to use the Taboo to roll consecutive 300s in an 855 three-game set. “It hooks a lot down lane,” said McGainey of the Taboo. “I have a lot of ball speed, and I like to see a lot of motion down the lane. The Taboo definitely does that for me.” The 855 series marked the third time McGainey has rolled back-to-back 300 games. The perfect games were the103rd, 104th and 105th of his career. He estimates that he has, “somewhere around 70” series of 800 or better. “I’ve bowed a lot more 300s and 800s since joining the Hammer staff,” he said of his two-year stint. “I have more variety of equipment to use and I’m more competitive in tournaments.” The strikes kept coming for McGainey. The Tuesday following his consecutive 800s, he used the Taboo to record his 106th career 300 game. “I absolutely love that ball,” said McGainey. “It’s the strongest piece I’ve ever thrown. The boys at Hammer really nailed this one.”“We’re proud of Pat’s success with our equipment in the time he’s been on staff,” said Jeff Ussery, Hammer Brand Manager. “He’s definitely going to continue to do well, and Hammer will be right there in his bag when he does.”— Hammer Bowling Balls & Bowling Equipment -Based in Hopkinsville, Kent., Ebonite International is a privately-owned company that currently services bowling centers, distributors and retail outlets both domestically and internationally. In addition to Hammer, the company’s consumer product brands include Track, Robby’s, Columbia 300, Ebonite and Powerhouse™; its commercial product brand is Ebonite Bowling Center Direct.

No comments: