Friday, August 27, 2010

TRAP HELPS HAMMER
STAFFER SNARE 854 SERIES

Hammer Amateur staff player Brian Horn rolled an 854 with the Hammer Jigsaw Trap bowling ball during his Thursday night Scratch Trio League on Aug. 12, 2010 at Olathe Lanes East, in Olathe, Kan.Horn works at In the Zone Pro Shop in Olathe, Kan., joined the Hammer staff in 2003 and said he has seen his game become more consistent since. His previous high series of 824 was using the Road Hawg, another Hammer ball, he said.He said he likes the Trap because of the look it gives him.“The Trap gives me a look that no other Jigsaw has given me before,” he said. “I felt very at ease during the set.”During game one, Horn left a four-pin in the first frame.“I then made a one and one move left and the strikes started coming,” he said. “I finished with a 290, but what made it special was that I was able to talk to my 2-and-a-half-year-old daughter, Andrea, right after. She didn’t understand, but I had dedicated the 290 to her.”In the end, Horn was able to dedicate his highest series to-date to his daughter.“I would like to thank Eric Maxwell, Dallas Baldridge, Sarah O’Brien, Matt McFarland, Vito Figlioli, and Hammer bowling for all the support they have given me,” he said, “and Marc Heninger for convincing me to use a layout plan that I had never tried before.”The layout Horn used was with the pin an inch above his midline with the mass bias kicked out 30 degrees.“Brian threw a great set with the Trap,” said Jeff Ussery, Hammer Brand Manager. “The Trap is a great ball, and Brian knows that to be the best, he has to throw the best. Good for him.”

No comments: