Friday, August 20, 2010

Columbia 300’s Burst Wins
High Roller Tournament

Dennis Killough, of Indian Trail, N.C., took home $25,000 using the Columbia 300 Burst bowling ball in the competitor-sponsored High Roller tournament in Las Vegas. A rookie among the trio of finalists, Killough quickly made his presence known in the Age 49 & Under division.Killough took a pair of Columbia 300 bowling balls with him to Vegas, the Bedlam and the Burst, he said.“I had pretty much settled on the Burst because it gave me more control down lane,” he said. “I had been using the Burst all week during the VIP’s and sweepers.”As the week went on, he noticed that the lanes were beginning to hook more up front, so he drilled up another Burst on Friday afternoon, he said.“I drilled this one so that it would get through the heads easier and be more controllable on the backend,” Killough said.Saturday dawned with Killough having a really good 1-2 punch, he said.“I used my low pin Burst early and when the heads burned up some, I was able to switch to the high pin Burst I had drilled,” he said. “After two matches I was only using my high pin ball.”That high pin ball brought him that high dollar $25,000 win.“We’re proud that Dennis could have such great success with the Burst,” said Bugsy Kelley, Columbia 300 Brand Manager. “That ball is great, and you will continue to see success stories because of it. Congratulations to Dennis for being able to take advantage of it in a tough event.”

No comments: