Thursday, October 20, 2016

HERE & THERE COLUMN




  Local Musician Is A Hot Ticket
                                                      
 
  Every now and then a talented  musician tops the local hit parade and such would be the case of Grahamsville guitarist and singer Albi Beluli who draws crowds wherever he performs.
  Albi, who hails from the famed Beluli family and their reputation for excellent food at the Grahamsville Deli, left the Deli business earlier this year to concentrate on his musical career.
  Albi noted that he had been in the family Grahamsville Deli business since he was a teenager.
  Following high school graduation he attended and graduated from Sullivan County Community College and furthered his musical education by taking courses  at Fredonia State University.
  He started his musical career in 1994 while in college and the bands he played with performed at McCabes, the Triangle Diner and various other locations throughout Sullivan County.
    Asked what he envisioned in now his full-time musical career Albi said, "I'm 41 now and like what I'm doing and can make an OK living and the best part is I enjoy entertaining."
  "I like meeting people, playing for happy hours for weddings, birthday and social parties and I do clubs, restaurants and bars," Albi noted.
  His style of music includes classic rock and he likes Elvis Presley and Albi said he loves older music."I add some five new songs every couple of weeks to keep my show entertaining and keep it fresh."
  Albi pointed out he likes singing songs where people sing along and music that makes people feel good.
  "I've make a lot of friends with my gigs and have a nice following wherever I play and that is what makes entertaining special for me," Albi noted.
  Albi is married and has one three year-old son.
  Anyone wanting to know where Albi is performing can obtain that information on Facebook.
  For an enjoyable evening catch one of Albi's shows.....it's worth the trip from anywhere.

No comments: