Monday, November 13, 2017

BONACIC URGES MORE PATRIOTISM



LOCH SHELDRAKE--"A problem we have today is we have to teach patriotism in the schools and nobody teaches patriotism anymore," State Senator John J. Bonacic (R/C/I) told the audience attending the Veterans Day ceremony last Thursday at SUNY Sullivan.
  "Patriotism and what it means is sacrifice," and "this generation is all about me....it's a selfish generation asking what can I have and wanting more and more and not enough is said about accountability and sacrifice and what is needed to keep America strong," Bonacic said.
  The 42nd Senate District Senator noted "that when I go to speak I'm saddened when I don't see young people there...I see a lot of the old legionnaires and I always say Veterans Day should be everyday and when you see a veteran go up to him and say thank you."
  Calling attention to the American flag Senator Bonacic urged everyone to "stand erect and put that hand over your heart."
  "Two things that were very upsetting to me this year is watching the National Football League (NFL) and seeing a small minority kneel during the playing of our National Anthem and then seeing Bergdahl walk free with a dishonorable discharge and a fine after he had deserted his post and when they tried to save him several U.S. troops were badly wounded......I like to be compassionate but to me that was an act of treason and it deserved a harsher penalty," the Senator noted.
  Senator Bonacic thanked the veterans in attendance and also discussed efforts by the State Senate to assist veterans, including increased funding for veterans programs, treatment for post-traumatic stress and incentives for businesses who hire veterans.
  In his closing remarks Senator Bonacic strongly emphasized that he was "not here today to just talk about these two developments that bothered me,  I'm here today to say Thank God, Thank God for the veterans that served and thank God for the military that are still serving ....God bless you and God bless this great country."                                               

42nd Senate District Senator John J, Bonacic speaking before the Veterans Day Ceremony last Thursday at SUNY Sullivan.
 
                                                             
                               

SUNY Sullivan President Jay Quaintance, right, introducing the Fallsburg Police Department Honor Guard, from the left, Detective Brendan Pavese, Officer Steven Kahn and Detective Travis Hartman, during the Veterans Day Ceremony last Thursday at SUNY Sullivan.



No comments: